Ibsen Cárdenas e Ibsen PenaCausa
The events of the case concern the forced disappearance of Rainer Ibsen Cárdenas, as from October 1971, and of José Luis Ibsen Peña, as from February 1993, which occurred during Bolivia’s military dictatorship that was established in August 1971, as well as the lack of investigation and punishment of the perpetrators.
The IA Court placed these events in the context of a military dictatorship that lasted for more than 6 years in power and which was characterised, in particular between 1971 and 1973, by a practice of illegal arrest, violent raids and the torture and forced disappearance of people.
The IA Court once again recognised the particular characteristics and aspects pertaining to the crime of forced disappearance of people as a multiple and continued violation of rights, and re-established the non-revocable norms character of international law or
regarding the duty to investigate and punish the perpetrators of this crime, as well as that of torture.
- Denuncia ante la CIDH
- 26 de sep. de 2003
- Presentación ante la CorteIDH
- 12 de may. de 2009
- CorteIDH / Sentencia: derechos violados
CADH CIDFP 1.1, 7.1, 5.1, 5.2, 3, 4.1 I.a), XI 1.1, 5.1, 5.2 1.1, 2, 8.1, 25.1 I.b)
- CorteIDH / Sentencia: derechos no violados
- Desaparición forzada
- Tortura y tratos crueles, inhumanos o degradantes
- Documentos de la CorteIDH
- Ibsen Cárdenas e Ibsen Peña
- Ibsen Cardenas e Ibsen Peña. Audiencia del 13 de abril de 2010
- Ibsen Cárdenas e Ibsen Peña. Resolución de la CorteIDH de 14 de mayo de 2013
- Ibsen Cárdenas e Ibsen Peña. Resolución del Presidente de 6 de abril de 2010
- Ibsen Cárdenas e Ibsen Peña. Resolución del Presidente de la CorteIDH de 10 de marzo de 2010
- Ibsen Cardenas e Ibsen Peña. Sentencia de 1 de septiembre de 2010
- Documentos de la CIDH